Regency MallLibby recognized that the long-term success of the mall required a drastic change and made the decision to demolish the mall to start from the ground up. Libby also recognized that catering to the student population located at nearby Indiana University of Pennsylvania would be crucial to the projects success. Focusing on food, value, and convenience retailing, a new 60,000 square foot, state of the art Giant Foods Supermarket was brought in and quickly replaced the trade area's other grocery stores as the preferred supermarket.
Libby takes a hands-on approach to its redevelopment projects. Prior to moving forward with a project or making an offer, the Libby team goes through an extensive review process to determine the viability of a particular project. Here's what you can expect when working with Libby:
- Strong relationships with an extensive network of brokers throughout the U.S. to identify prospective properties.
- Analyze, conduct research and evaluate the specific center and the surrounding marketplace (demographics, potential to attract tenants, etc.).
- Gather input from appraisers, current tenants and internal staff.
- A rigorous internal review of the risks, both positive and negative, of each transaction.
- A purchase decision based on fact - never on speculation or hope.